John J. Sedivy
- Visitation Dates and Times
Monday, November 30, 2015 4:00-8:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- Visitation LocationMoss Funeral Home, Breese
- Service DateTuesday, December 1, 2015
- Service Time11:00 a.m.
- Service LocationSt. Dominic Catholic Church, Breese
- Full ObituaryOBIT: John J. Sedivy, age 75 of Fairview Heights and formerly of Breese, born October 30, 1940 in Le Sueur, MN to the late George and Gladys, nee Peroutka, Sedivy, peacefully ended his brave fight with cancer on Friday, November 27, 2015, surrounded by his loved ones at home.In addition to his parents, he was also preceded in death by his father-in-law and mother-in-law, LeRoy and Eleanor, nee Bird, Lunnemann.John graduated in 1962 from St. John’s University in Minnesota with a Bachelors Degree in English, and later received his Masters Degree in Psychology from St. Louis University. In 1973, he became Executive Director of Community Link. For over 35 years, he worked tirelessly to improve the lives of those challenged by disabilities, before retiring in 2008.He was a member of Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Fairview Heights and a former member of St. Dominic Catholic Church in Breese, Breese Knights of Columbus Council 2869, and the Carlyle Rotary Club. John was a huge St. Louis Rams fan, enjoyed reading and solving Sudoku puzzles, and was a trivia expert. Most importantly, he was loving, selfless husband and father.Surviving is his wife, Barb, nee Lunnemann, Sedivy, whom he married November 24, 1977 at St. Bruno’s Catholic Church in Pinckneyville; his children, Josh Sedivy and wife Krissy of St. Louis, MO, Jonathan Sedivy of Fairview Heights, Tim Sedivy of Plainfield, Zach Sedivy and fiancée Silvia Minelli of Treviso, Italy, and Chris Sedivy of Ozark; his siblings, George Sedivy and wife Diane of Rochester, MN, Mary Dravis and husband Don of Staples, MN, Patricia Fahrendorf and husband Donn of Sioux Falls, SD, and Michael Sedivy of Nisswa, MN; his sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law, Joyce Gross and husband Steve of Canton, GA and Mark Lunnemann and wife Cindy of Pinckneyville; and numerous nieces and nephews.Funeral Mass of Christian Burial will be Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. at the St. Dominic Catholic Church in Breese with Fr. Patrick Peter and Fr. Ray Schultz officiating. Interment will follow in St. Dominic/St. Augustine Cemetery in Breese.Visitation will be Monday, November 30, 2015 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and again on Tuesday, December 1, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Moss Funeral Home in Breese.The Breese Knights of Columbus will hold services at 7:00 p.m. Monday evening at the funeral home.Memorials in John’s honor may be made to Community Link in Breese and will be received at the funeral home.Expressions of sympathy can be sent to www.mossfuneralhome.com